6 No-Brainer Reasons Why Search Engine Optimization is Not Dead
Top Rank SEO Philippines | The term SEO — or Search Engine Optimization — has long been associated to Google search rankings. It truly is, but it’s also used to optimize key words in other search engines like Bing. To cut to the chase, you need SEO.
If you have a website and you want to be found, definitely, you need Search Engine Optimization. According to Steve Olenski in his article in Forbes, here are six no-brainer reasons why you need SEO, especially organic SEO, as follows:
- It simply works, whether you admit it or not. Dozens of studies have proved SEO’s ability to help rank your site. Joshua Guerra, CEO of marketing firm BIZCOR says “As long as you are focusing on optimal user experience while performing methodic SEO strategies, you will be rewarded with higher positioning and organic traffic.” In fact, besides text-based content, SEO experiments on audio and video are now being done. It’s definitely here for the long haul.
- It’s practically free or at least, cost-effective. You know by now how much pay-per-click advertising or adwords cost. They may be effective to some degree, but optimizing your keywords the SEO way doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. The cost of your time is there, but still, you’re looking at the long-tail effect of your work. remember that half the battle is won if customers find your business at the top of the list — at least on page one. You just need to convince them you’re the business they need.
- SEO gives your business credibility. We know that most customers check online and read reviews before making a deal or a purchase. At some point, this number will reach 90% or more. So if you’re business is somewhere between page 7 and 9 (or lower), would you still be picked? Without the right SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors, right?.
- Mobile and localization is in. Google has recently made moves to reward sites that are mobile responsive with higher ranking. This is simply because of the surge in mobile web traffic in recent years. This follows the customers’ need for better search engine results. This is where SEO comes in. Next up is optimized localized content. New and effective SEO techniques will be needed to position your company for this trend.
- Content is King. You’ve heard this many times. And why not? Searching keywords is not that simple anymore. Contextual content is now part of search engines’ algorithms. With SEO and deeper keyword research, you are now guided on how to get to the top of the search list of customers.
- Your competitors are most likely doing SEO anyway. It’s not a matter of joining the bandwagon. It’s more of “why are they doing it — and you’re not?” The process of SEO is slow and not an instant thing. It’s the long-tail process that makes it more effective. So when competitors have been doing it longer than you have ever thought about it, then you’re losing on the losing end. By ignoring SEO as a valuable tool, you are allowing your competitors to stay at the top of the heap.Think about it.
Search Engine Optimization is a long-term investment. It’s a science that is also a necessity. It’s more than just a marketing tool. Do you have an SEO strategy in place?
The Author: Homer Nievera, CDE is a digital marketing trainer and conducts seminars and consults on SEO, content marketing and full-scale digital marketing. His company owns and manages a content network of 30+ blogs. He is the chief executive of Mediablast Digital and the division chief of Top Rank SEO Philippines, which provides websites Google top rank search engine optimization services from it’s Philippines HQ.